Mentors revealed for skills event
Women in Wholesale seminars to provide industry with expert career guidance
Ten top industry voices are coming together to provide valuable advice on career development for people in the sector.
The mentoring group, which includes FWD Chief Executive James Bielby and Country Range Managing Director Coral Rose, have been named as speakers at Women in Wholesale’s Speed Networking and Mentoring event.
To be held at the state-of-the-art facilities at 280 Bishopsgate in London on 25 April, the event is themed as Skilling Up and will provide expert guidance in a number of disciplines, including time management, negotiation and how to influence senior management.
The 10-strong line up has been plucked from wholesalers and suppliers working across the sector, as well as specialists in building successful careers, as Women in Wholesale diversifies into helping people of all backgrounds to succeed in the industry.
Eight of the panel are female, with Sugro’s Head of Trading and Marketing, Yulia Goodwin, TWC Director Tanya Pepin and Tulip Food Solutions Commercial Director Clare Bocking.
The list also includes Bidfood’s Head of Insight and Customer Experience, Sarah Whiddett, who was recently named on an expert panel at The International Food & Drink Event (IFE) too.
Business resilience and time management will be big on our agenda this year,” said Founder and organiser, Elit Rowland. “We know that a lack of career development opportunities is a barrier to progress for 51% of women in wholesale (WiW & HIM Report2017). Our April event will have a strong focus on personal and professional development in a friendly, formalised networking environment.”
The event is free to attend, with people encouraged to register their interest online.
The full list of mentors and the topics they’ll be discussing are:
- Yulia Goodwin, Head of Trading & Marketing, Sugro UK (Effective negotiation)
- Helen Rimmer, National Account Controller, Carlsberg (Resilience – how to bounce back)
- Sarah Whiddett, Head of Insight and Customer Experience, Bidfood (How to grow your network)
- Clare Bocking, Commercial Director, Tulip (Communicating with confidence)
- Carol Glover, Executive Coach (Time management & prioritising)
- James Bielby, Chief Executive, Federation of Wholesale Distributors (Winning in wholesale)
- Tanya Pepin, Director, The Whole Sale Co (Standing out in meetings)
- Melanie Hannay, Regional Director, London Commercial Sectors, RBS (Managing difficult people & situations)
- Coral Rose, Managing Director, Country Range Group (How to work a boardroom)
- Stefan Appleby, Trade Consultant, Hanover (Empowering the female workforce)