Parfetts celebrates retail excellence
Go Local retailers gathered for Parfetts’ annual Retailer Awards to celebrate the best in convenience retail
The regional winners on the night included:
• Kajan Thayalan of Mossbay Convenience in Workington (North West winner)
• Andy Robinson of Summer Lane Stores in Wombwell (Yorkshire & the Humber)
• Mohammed Nazir of Go Local Extra in Yardley (Midlands)
• Paul Edwards from Edwards of Oxton Go Local Extra (North Wales and Wirral), and
• R Pooni of Mill Lane Go Extra in Billingham (North East winner).
Andy Campbell of Hursthead Convenience Go Local Extra in Cheadle was awarded the Retail Execution of the Year, and Amit Patel of Go Local Sandiacre News in Nottingham was named Digital Retailer of the Year.
The Best Newcomer award went to Mr Vivekananthan Nallavairan and Mrs Kokilavathani Vivekananthan of The Local VKD Food and Wine in Thornton, Lancashire. While the Most Improved Store went to Mrs Uma Patel of Go Local Tong Street in Bradford.
Guy Swindell, joint managing director of Parfetts, said: “Our awards continue to grow from year to year, and it’s a fantastic opportunity to gather our retailers and celebrate the industry. The bar rises every year for retailers and suppliers alike, and we’re proud to do our bit in supporting everyone to achieve their goals.
“In the last 12 months, we hit a record turnover, opened a new depot in Birmingham and welcomed more retailers to Go Local than ever before. Collectively, we have a lot to be proud of, and I’m thankful we can take this time to recognise the effort that our team members, retailers and suppliers have made.”Go Local Parfetts Retailer Awards